- Profound assessment and effective evaluation process
- Meticulous monthly training/capacity building of teachers/class-in-charges
- Personalized learning solutions along with worksheets/workbook
- Simplified implementation & execution process
- Uniformed lesson plans correlated to mainstream education
- Structured mentoring, monitoring and assessment system
- Standardized and integrated curriculums
- Dynamic activities with provident goals
- A conducive learning lab experience
- Certification to all beneficiaries/participants
- Chapter-wise comprehensive progress and performance assessment graph
Art & Design consists of nine individual plus synched level books, designed to offer constructive, structured, innovative and creative learning solutions which help to achieve academic, vocational and remedial goals keeping in mind different age groups, difficulties, abilities and challenges of an individual. It entails a simplified implementation and execution process which has successfully been able to add value to the constructive school education and enhancing students' interest towards academic and non-academic learning. It is a well-researched, trusted and tested education tool that enhances learning interest in creative ways, fosters inclusivity and stimulates brain activities. The range of pedagogical solutions mentioned in it and its fair and effective evaluation process helps in evaluating the progress and performance in co-scholastic and scholastic areas.
- Subject comprises 5 years hand-holding and systematic process of execution
- Incorporate standardised curriculums
- Access into student's thinking through its outlined activities
- Meet the academic needs and goals of school and student
- Promote students ready for mainstream/ inclusive education
- Boost creativity, logical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Increase indulgence of co-curricular & extracurricular activities
- Addressing the therapeutic needs and challenges of specially-abled through creative methods
A SYSTEMATIC AND PROVEN CROSS-CURRICULAR EDUCATIONAL SOLUTION
ART & DESIGN AND IT'S APPROACHES
- The content of all 9 levels of Art & Design has been prepared/integrated keeping in mind the subjects and curriculum adopted by various leading educational boards/institutions.
- Subjects like Mathematics, English, EVS, Computer, Art, Painting and Multimedia are synced/coordinated with Art & Design.
- Art & Design provides confidence and ease to a student to choose the subject of his/her choice to pursue schooling from various prominent educational board.
- The activities, supported TLM and Art & Design workbook are very simple, easy, inclusive and accessible, which helps in enhancing the functional areas while performing.
- Art & Design majorly focuses to promote/enhance motor skills, attention, cognitive skills, critical thinking, information processing, learning interest, communication skills, artistic sense and quadrupod grasp.
- The study material of Art & Design is developed in a way so that learner progress and performance can be easily tracked, monitor and assess.
- Career options for Art & Design students/graduates are plentiful. The activities, content, tools and techniques of Art & Design are career-oriented as well, which offers vocational rehabilitation in the field of
- Multimedia & Animation Fine Art and Illustration.
The purpose behind the development of Art and Design has emerged by understanding the existing subjects, curriculum, facilities, challenges, evaluation process, needs, TLMs, goals and objectives of schools, especially those working with the specially-abled and early-age students. It helps in systemizing the education system considering all the above stated components. There are widely seen challenges in the schools and it is believed that to prevent disorientation and unorganized system, standardization of curriculum plays a crucial role in education system. Art & Design offers not only a set of standardized books, but also a systematic pattern of providing education and offers effective pedagogical solutions which make it to be an appropriate tool and solutions for schools.
The nine levels of Art & Design are based on tactile learning methods - (the method in which learning takes place by the students carrying out physical activities), basic to complex approach of content and transition of tools to perform activities. Books are outlined to introduce fundamental, conceptual and profound teaching/learning techniques. The series of nine books are developed after the thorough research and study while drafting the content of the books children belonging to special schools, play schools, pre-primary, primary, elementary and secondary sections were kept into consideration. Nine levels are inter-related and individual, each level involves different patterns of learning starting from the basic to complex.
ART & DESIGN CORRELATED WITH BEST POLICIES AND PRACTICES
- Ensure inclusive and equitable quality of education and promote lifelong opportunities for all.
- Reflects different pedagogies like experiential, holistic, integrated, inquiry-driven, discovery oriented, learner-centered, discussion-based, flexible and of course enjoyable.
- Synchronize with schools' academic system and applied either as skill building, extracurricular or co-curricular subject.
- Gives exposure to vocational education and given to learners at a very young age.
- Cross-curricular pedagogical approach that utilizes various aspects and forms of art and culture as the basis for learning concepts across subjects.
- Development of Knowledge, Capacities, and Values
- Empowering teachers and schools
- Engaging and effective pedagogy
- Curriculum is rooted in India
- Multidisciplinary education
- Equity and inclusion
- Holistic Progress Card
- Enable real improvement in practise of education in the country
- Learning Standards with clear, specific, and rigorous flow-down
- Evaluation is an integral part of an education system, considering this Art & Design sync its tracking, monitoring and assessment process with Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation.
- Make the learning process
- Reduce the difficulty level of learning
- Diagnose learning difficulties
- Emphasize student self-evaluation
- Help develop cognitive, psychomotor and affective skills.
- Includes formative or summative assessment of scholastic as well as co-scholastic aspects of the child growth.
“A VALUABLE ADDITION TO CURRICULUM”
We introduced Art & Design to the students of Vimarsha in June 2022. The course curriculum is very well planned and structured to cater to different levels. The books are standardised while the worksheets are flexible. This works very well for students with varied abilities. Based on our students’ aptitude, we started with levels 3, 4, 5 and 6. We have been able to easily integrate this subject into our system. Children have shown tremendous improvement in concentration and hand-eye coordination. This has been a valuable addition to our curriculum. We are very happy to see all our students benefit and enjoy this coursework. AIMS Media coordinator worked along with Vimarsha teachers to arrive at workable time table. Lessons are very simple and visually appealing. The periodic assessments are also very well planned. Art & Design is truly a fun and learn subject for our students.
“STRUCTURED CURRICULUM ENHANCING SKILLS”
The Art & Design subject trained students in the therapeutic benefits of the arts and transforming their skill sets. It is a structured curriculum that enhances cognitive skills and automatically children learning academic skills. When children get interested in creative work, it reduces their behavioural problems and increases their attention span, and also enhances their learning ability.
“ART IS A BEAUTIFUL WAY OF EXPRESSION”
At Shankar Foundation we always believe that art is a beautiful way of expression. We have been working with the concept since many years. But AIMS Media’s Art & Design course added more meaning to our belief. The course stimulated creativity and stimulation. It is providing different experience and special way of understanding and responding to the world of art. What I have observed is children are able to follow balance, pattern, rhythm, emphasis with the systematic training and techniques. Thanks to AIMS Media for creating learning opportunities in most meaningful way.
“AN OPTIMUM BENEFITS FROM ART & DESIGN”
The thought behind implementing Art & Design was to develop their creativity, reasoning, and overall cognitive development. The students are enjoying the class. They are learning the concepts joyfully. Some of the students are facing problem as it is in virtual mode. To obtain an optimum benefit, the program should have been implemented for all which unfortunately was not possible in a pandemic. The teachers benefit from the monthly training and there is a scope for interaction to resolve the issues that the students are facing. As per students’ needs, how to modify the worksheets as per students’ needs are shared by the teachers and accordingly, the worksheets are developed. The teachers are also given an idea of how to instruct the students for better results.
“UNIQUENESS OF THE SUBJECTS MOTIVATES STUDENTS TO LEARN MORE”
“Art & Design helped our students in many different ways in terms of behaviour, functional areas etc. Uniqueness of the subject which motivated and kept our students and educators indulged into it was customization of worksheets as per the ability of the individual(s). The method to learn and perform the activities was very much simplified which resulted into progress in the bars of performance in the report card of many students.”
“EFFECTIVE DEVELOPMENT OF STUDENTS”
Students show improvement in various skills after joining Art & Design classes. As they refine their learning skills and motor skills some students have shown improvement in behavioural issues and their attention span increases too.
Implementation of Art & Design includes a meticulous process and compilation of various steps to apply and able to achieve expected outcomes. This process involves various steps that help team of academicians to analyse and classify received data into a simple and representative format, which further finalised with mutual consent and understanding of schools/users and knowledge partner (AIMS Media) . The essential steps are:
1. Collection of Pre-requisites information
Set of information based on 19 components shared by school to AIMS Media in order to sync the existing education system with Art & Design criterion.
2. Analysis of Information
Information received by the schools further goes for internal audit by the proficient team of AIMS Media in order to align the goals & objectives of books with school.
3. Student Categorization & Book Allotment
After the thorough study and analysis, AIMS Media generates a categorization and books allotment sheet, which is further shared with schools for better clarity, get confirmation and helps to understand the books delivered.
4. Syllabus Distribution Plan
After the allotment of books, syllabus distribution plan will be created which helps the school to understand the implementation process, considering the existing activities, subject and no of sessions are going on schools and represents detailed knowledge about the frequency and duration of each topic covered in the chapters of each level.
5. Monthly Teacher Training Schedule
Each teacher of a specific level will undergo meticulous training to understand the execution, pedagogies, creative TLMs, classroom challenges and to apply the curriculum according to the syllabus. distribution plan. This monthly training schedule sheet will be given in advance.
6. Exercise Workbook & Assessment
Customized worksheet & TLM supports in adding values to the experiences, challenges, ideas and solutions been discussed during the monthly training to offer adequate solutions. It helps learner to study, revise and perform well during the assessment.
7. Monthly Monitoring & Feedback Form
The teachers responsible for specific level give their valuable feedbacks and suggestions to comment on Art & Design services & creation process to enhance the content quality of books and study material delivered to school.
8. Annual Review Meet and Customization
At the end of every academic year, an annual review meet shall be conducted between school and AIMS Media, which will further lead us to provide customized editions to specific schools for the upcoming year.
At the end of the academic year every child will get the certificate of participation for the specific level they have been through.
10. Standardization to Customization
Followed by the protocol and execution process of Art & Design, the annual review meet will lead us to revise the allotted books and design the customize editions for the specific institution.